Monday, March 30, 2009

musical interlude

When I get overwhelmed with too many projects, I tend to go silent. I don't mean that I stop talking (as I'm sure A can attest), but rather that I'll start to forget about listening to music. When my mind is racing with ideas, music just adds one more level of buzzing noise to my thoughts. This is pretty much the opposite from A, who can go through life listening to one song while singing another out loud (she probably has two or three more tunes running through her head at the same time). But this never lasts very long - inevitably, I'll end up stumbling on some track or music video and soon I've spent an entire afternoon scanning Myspace and Youtube for new songs. Here's what got me out of my last funk:


Great percussion from The Dodos.


Get ecstatic with Ponytail.


And keep the trip going with Animal Collective.



Marcel Dzama drawings come to life for Department of Eagles.



More animation from Neko Case.


Then finish up real cute with Thao with the Get Down Stay Down

No comments: