Monday, August 13, 2007

nightmarket.

So August finally rolls around and what do we do? We sure as hell didn't start working on wedding details! We made a break for the border (and freedom) in one of my favorite Canadian cities. Travelling with a long list of things to see (mostly food) from friends and these fine people, our weekend in Vancouver, BC was like escaping to South-east Asia and the subcontinent without ever having to leave my 20 degree comfort zone of Pacific NW weather (55-75). We thought we'd share our most photogenic pig-out - the Asian night market in Richmond - replete with all of it's unintentionally hilarious signage. (Trust me, when I say pig-out, I mean shu-mai, hum-bao, curry squid, sticky rice with Chinese sausage, takoyaki, yakitori, bubble-tea, dragon's beard, scallion noodles and some horrible tofu).

And since this has little to do with the wedding, let's just consider this the dry-run for the honeymoon - all the Tim Horton's and border delays with none of the French-Canadian hold-ups waiting for us in Quebec. Plus, this is a chance for me to test-run a cool little application to stylishly embed flickr photos in a website. Stay tuned for this feature to make a return with wedding and honeymoon pics.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Someday, I will de-invent bubble-tea.

p said...

I couldn't agree more - that stuff is like the union of Orbitz and a jellyfish.